Notice to all Members of the Fundy Film Society (FFS):
Final films for Winter confirmed!
Birdman (March 11: 7 p.m.) and The Imitation Game (March 15: 4 & 7 p.m.) have just been confirmed.
Full film pages will be linked as soon as they are available.
- F Sunday, April 5: 7 p.m. and Monday April 6: 7 p.m. Boychoir
- F Sunday, April 12: 4 & 7 p.m. Selma
- F Sunday April 19: 4 & 7 p.m. Wild
Weather? What weather?
Remaining Winter 2015—all films now confirmed:
- F Sunday, March 1: 4 & 7 p.m. Big Eyes
- D Wednesday, March 4: 7 p.m. The Secret Trial 5
- F Sunday, March 8: 4 & 7 p.m. Deux jours, une nuit
- wW Wednesday, March 11: 7 p.m. Birdman
- F Sunday, March 15: 4 & 7 p.m. The Imitation Game
- D Wednesday, March 18: 7 p.m. Red Army
- F Sunday, March 22: 4 & 7 p.m. The Skeleton Twins
- wW Wednesday, March 25: 7 p.m. Winter Sleep
- F Sunday, March 29: 4 & 7 p.m. Gemma Bovery
Some films of interest for April, May and June:
- National Gallery
- The Good Lie
- Wild Tales!
Winter 2015 Montage
Take a look at the preview montage for our Winter 2015 season, created by Noemi Volovics.
Special FREE screening, Friday, Feb 27, 7 p.m., Al Whittle Theatre
A local committee supporting the project, Education Is Not a Crime presents Canadian-Iranian journalist Maziar Bahari’s documentary To Light a Candle in conjunction with global screenings on/around Feb 27. Bahari’s Tehran imprisonment (2009) is featured in Jon Stewart’s Rosewater (Fundy Film: Jan 25, 2015). While in Iran and in prison, Bahari was inspired by the resilience of Iran’s Bahá’í Community in the face of unrelenting persecution. He made the film and organized the free screenings to call attention to the Iranian Government’s denial of any education to this entire segment of Iran’s society, and to demonstrate world support for Iran’s Bahá’ís. Q & A to follow.